Fully automatic compact hinged belt filter system
- BK 0,5 US/K - BK 2,5 US/K (filtration area 0,5 - 2,5 m²)
- dry sludge discharge
- no use of nonwoven
Fully automatic compact hinged belt-type filters are used for cleaning dirty coolants in the metal processing industry and in the steel rolling industry. Cleaned coolants have a longer service life, improve the surface quality of the work-piece or rolled products and assist in the heat exchange at the point of contact.
- fully automatic operation
- best filtration results, no usage of fleece
- minimal coolant lubricant entrainment
- dry sludge discharge
- low maintenance costs
- full flow filtration equipment
- maximum service life of the coolant
The cleaned coolant lubricant is fed into the processing machine (C) out of the clean tank (B) via the system pump (A). The contaminated coolant lubricant is introduced into the dirty tank (E) of the hinged belt filter system via pull-over stations. The system internal treatment process is broken down into two steps: filtration and regeneration.
The filter pump (F) is switched on at the beginning of the filtration and conveys through the filter flow (G) via the hinged belt filter (H) and thus over the reusable (rotating) filter cloth (I) through the filtrate backflow (J) to the clean tank (B) of the filter installation.
The contaminants from the polluted cooling lubricant are retained on the filter cloth. The pressure differential in the hinged belt filter (H) builds up on account of the increasing clogging of the filter cloth and / or the filter cake. The pressure is monitored through the integrated contact making pressure gauge (L) and triggers the regeneration of the fully automatic hinged belt filter at a specific regeneration pressure setting. During the regeneration process, the processing machine is continuously supplied with coolant lubricant.
regeneration / sludge drying
After the regeneration has been triggered by means of the contact making pressure gauge (L) or through the timer, the filter pump (F) is turned off and the filter flow is blocked. The upper chamber (M) of the hinged belt filter is filled with pressurized air and consequently emptied in the filtering direction. The blown off coolant lubricant is reintroduced into the system via the fitrate return (J), which in turn minimizes the coolant lubricant entrainment.
regeneration / sludge discharge
After the drying of the filter cake has been concluded, the upper chamber (M) of the hinged belt filter is slightly folded upward by means of pneumatic cylinders (N). Subsequently, the belt drive motor (O) is activated and the filter belt (I) with the sludge on top of it is transported to the dirt discharge area. After having arrived there, the filter cake is separated from the filter belt by means of scraper and paring shaft (P). While the belt moves, the dirty filter belt section is cleaned by a belt washing equipment and is then available for another filtration cycle.
Once all the sludge has been disposed of in the refuse container and the circulating filter belt has been cleaned, the upper chamber is closed and a new filtration step commences, starting with the refilling of the clean tank. During the whole regeneration time, the processing machine is continuously supplied with coolant lubricant from the clean tank.
design e.g. as compact installation type BK 1 US/K with rectangular tank and overlift station
the following parts form the standard equipment of a compact system:
- refuse container (1) and clean container (2) with adjustable level regulators and accessible covers and railing (3)
- hinged belt filter with circulating synthetic woven belt and optional emergency operation with fleece (4)
- system pump, filter pump and rinsing pump
- monitoring of compressed air
- control cabinet with SPS and luminous circuit diagram (7)
- 'on location' control elements at the hinged belt filter (14)
- mobile sludge container
- construction according to specific factory regulations of the operator
- operating and maintenance instructions
- complete pneumatic and electrical installation
- construction in accordance with § 19.1 WHG
- CE symbol
- commissioning and training of operating staff
- immersion recooler or tempering station (8)
- suction of coolant lubricant mist (9)
- overload valve or pump cascade connection for supplying machine groups
- stages, ladders or staircases (10)
- pull-over stations for low level machine beds and ground level set-up (11)
- automatic reserve pump switching circuit
- fleece winder for separating fleece / sludge with fleece limit indicator
- skimmer equipment for removing non-emulsifying oils
- magnetic pre-separation as filter relief (12)
- various maintenance levels in event of system stoppage or weekend operation
- maintenance agreements as a preventative maintenance as well as around the clock supply and repair service through experienced specialist personnel
- fully automatic dosing unit for filter aid with volume deficiency probe and dispersing agitator (13)
- virtually dust-free sack emptying equipment for the dosing equipment of filtering aid to minimise expulsion of excessive amount of dust
- insertable container for the precoating medium
- 'conversion kit' for gathering contaminants from circulating before supplying the pure tank to optimise filtration quality
- security filter within system feed
areas of application
Fully automatic compact hinged belt filter systems are implemented to care for all kinds of coolants and attain excellent results without requiring any fibrous webbing. This becomes noticeable through an extended service life of the coolant lubricant and excellent processing results at minimal operating costs. This has been proven for various processes such as milling, drilling, turning, sanding, finish grinding etc. As a result of the special execution as a pre-coated hinged belt filter, it can also be implemented for finish grinding processes. Fully automatic compact systems are used to supply single machines and machine groups and filter the total coolant lubricant capacity within the overall flow. In the standard designs, filtering areas of up to 2.5 m² are achievable. In addition, central pressure belt-type filter systems are available.
filter types applied by the filter fineness and the specific filter performance
The specific throughput rates in question are the filter-specific base capacities. They represent reference values for the interested customer. F.E.S. supervises each filter completely from the initial request to the turnkey handover to the future operator. Each filter system is specifically designed and custom-tailored to the case of operation at hand. For this purpose, we utilise our experience values, company-internal laboratory tests and, if necessary, mobile test installations for application 'on location'.